Oy. Quinoa. Another quinoa recipe.
I know, it’s tired.
She’s definitely tired, that gurl has been in the spotlight for the last three years.
Do you think she’ll be replaced?
By what? Amaranth? Millet? Tried it, ain’t the same.
Hunty, brown rice is OVER. Brown rice had her time in the hippie sun.
I know, but I still like her.
Oh, don’t get it twisted, I love brown rice, but Pinterest loves quinoa. And as Pinterest goes, so go the masses.
So what’s happening here?
Keep it simple. Quinoa, asparagus, goat cheese.
Lemon vinaigrette. Quick.
Ok, I’ll bite.
You better bite, this is all we have for lunch.
Make the office rabble jealous. Save a tub of this in the communal fridge and portion it out for lunch this week. Silence the naysayers, quinoa is here to stay.
1 cup Quinoa
2 cups Water
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 pound Asparagus
8 ounces Goat Cheese
¼ cup Lemon Juice
½ cup Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard
Pinch Sea Salt
Black Pepper to Taste
1. In a medium saucepan combine the quinoa and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover the pot and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
2. Shave the asparagus with a vegetable peeler.
3. Crumble the goat cheese into the warm quinoa.
4. Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper together.
5. Pour dressing over quinoa, toss with the asparagus and serve.
Prep. Time: ~30 Minutes
Yield: 6 Servings