Oven Roasted Chicken Wings
Chicken wings make a great dinner whether or not you’re parked in front of the tv. In fact, I’m dressing them up a bit so you can trot these ladies out on date night as well as guy’s night.
Make a double batch of the wings and use both sauces.You won’t regret it.
Now go on, get your fingers dirty and enjoy. Just make sure you clean up after the game.
Free of Gluten, Dairy, Processed Sugar, Corn and Soy.
- ~2 pounds Chicken Wings, split into drumette and wing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1-1 1/2 cup Sauce (Either Mango Chipotle or Teriyaki)
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
- Spread the wings on a rack set in a large roasting tray. Make sure to spread them out evenly, the farther apart they are the crisper they will become.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the wings, season the meat now and you’ll reap the benefits later. Seriously.
- Put the wings in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Pull the tray out of the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Remove the wings from the rack and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour 3/4 cup sauce over the wings and toss. No joke. Really toss them. We’ll be judging.
- Spread the wings back on the rack in the roasting tray and put the whole tray back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven. Using a pastry brush (or a spoon), re-glaze the wings with the remaining sauce. Go ahead and just give each wing a little touch up.
- Put the wings back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and eat.
Prep. Time: 10 minutes (without making the sauce)
Cooking Time: ~45 minutes
Yield: ~2 lbs. Wings (~20-24 wing pieces)