Dudes. Make this for your special someone. Valentine’s Day is coming up and it’s time to put up or shut up. This dish packs everything into one skillet: Veggies, Pasta, Cheese. Duh. It isn’t hard to make, but if you need to practice you can come cook for me.
Put on some nice clothes first.
- 3 cups Imagine Organic Vegetable Broth
- 8 ounces (one package) DeBoles Gluten Free Multi-Grain Penne
- 3 tablespoons Spectrum Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, sliced thinly
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ cup Fresh Basil Leaves, sliced into ribbons
- 2 medium Zucchini (~1 pound), cut in half and sliced
- ½ teaspoon Hain Sea Salt (one big pinch)
- 1 jar Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, grated
- In a medium sauce pan bring the veggie broth to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside. If you overcook your pasta I’m not coming to dinner.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the oil in a large skillet until rippling. Add the sliced garlic and stir until golden brown. Add the red pepper flakes, give the pan a shake and then toss in the shredded basil.
- Add the sliced zucchini and salt to the pan and saute until slightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the zucchini and cook for 5-10 minutes, let the flavores collide.
- If you eat dairy, stir in the cream and cheese. If not, forget it, this dish is spectacular without them!
- Add the cooked pasta to your sauce and stir until heated through.
- Serve to a special friend. With wine and a smile.