Cupcakes are nothing without frosting.
This frosting is classic, it won’t melt on hot days, it tastes like clouds and looks picture perfect.
I like to mix in some cherry juice (or raspberry, pomegranate, anythingred) for flavor and a light tint. For real color you’ll want to pickup some natural food coloring.
Use this on our pretty little Vanilla Almond Cupcakes.
Free of Dairy, Gluten, Soy and Corn.
- 1 Egg White
- 2 tablespoons Cherry Juice (or Raspberry, Pomegranate, Cranberry…)
- 1 tablespoon Cold Water
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 5-10 drops Food Coloring (depending on how vibrant you want it)
- In the top of a double boiler, whisk together the egg white, juice, water, sugar and cream of tartar.
- Fill the bottom of the double boiler with 1-2 inches of water and set it over medium heat until it is boiling.
- Once the water is boiling, drop the heat to low and set the top of the double boiler over the bottom. Got it?
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the ingredients for about 7 minutes (hence the name) over the heat. It will expand and thicken significantly.
- Remove the top of the double boiler from the heat and fold in the vanilla and food coloring. Stir the frosting with a spatula for a few minutes to help it cool.
- Get your frosting on.
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 6-8 minutes
Yield:~1 pint, enough to frost 12 cupcakes