This sauce is great on wings, brilliant on grilled chicken, and perfect for marinating fish.
Basically what I’m telling you is this:
You are going to love this gluten free teriyaki sauce.
Teriyaki is easy to personalize, in love with ginger? Throw some in. Like it a little sweet and tart? Chop up some pineapple and simmer away. Sesame seeds, scallions, red chili peppers-whatever you love, just add it to the sauce.
Once you start using this sauce you’ll want to always have some on hand. Make up a batch and keep it in the fridge, you never know when you’ll need to whip up a quick and impressive dinner.
Looking for our other amazing chicken wing sauce?
Here’s our Mango Chipotle BBQ Sauce.
Free from Gluten, Dairy, Processed Sugar, Soy, Corn, and Egg. Vegetarian.
- 1 cup Sake
- 1 cup Mirin (Japanese cooking wine)
- 2/3 cup Tamari (Gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot Powder
- 2 Scallions, green and white roughly chopped
- ~5 inches ginger, cut into slices (~3 ounces)
- 3 cloves Garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds, toasted
- In a saucepan, combine the sake, mirin, tamari and honey.
- Whisk in the arrowroot, making sure to break up all clumps and clods.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25-35 minutes, or until the sauce reaches a desirable thickness.
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: ~30 minutes
Yield: ~1 1/2 cups