We need you to stick your thumb in these.
Sometimes a chocolate chip cookie just doesn’t cut it.
(the above may or may not be a factual statement)
But here’s the truth-
You can never have too many cookies or friends.
And the more you make of one the more you have of the other.
These are lovely little cookies, good for afternoon tea times, book club meetings and bridge nights with the ladies.
But don’t let that discourage you from making these for everyone else. These aren’t just cookies for ladies. These are cookies for the refined gentleman as well.
Free of Gluten, Dairy, Processed Sugar, Corn
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 2/3 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/3 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 cup Rice Bran Oil (or melted and cooled Coconut Oil)
- 2/3 cup Granulated Palm Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 8 ounce jar of your favorite Jam (no sugar added please!)
*My faves? Apricot and Raspberry
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients, make sure everything is blended well!
- In a separate bowl cream the oil and sugar.
- Add the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla and whisk until everything is incorporated.
- Working in batches, stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Using a small cookie scoop (or a tablespoon measure) drop balls of dough onto greased cookie sheets.
- Put the trays of cookies into your oven for 5 minutes.
- Take the trays out, and make a thumbprint in the center of each cookie. The cookies will be hot, so you may want to use a thumb-alternative. Our favorite trick? Use a clean wine cork-it makes the perfect dimple!
- Scoop about 1 teaspoon of jam into the thumbprint of each cookie and slide the trays back into the oven for another 10 minutes, or until the cookies are brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool for five minutes on the tray before removing them to a cooling rack.
Prep. Time: 10-15 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 24 cookies