Appetizers don't have to be fried and starchy (though I am a fan of a good french fry), start your next party with an extra serving of veggies. Carrots are perfect finger food.
- 6 slim Carrots, with greens attached
- 3-4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Bisect the carrots from green to tip (without going through the top root). Then turn the carrot 90* and repeat, making four squiddy legs to the vegetable. Place them in a roasting tray.
- Drizzle oil over the carrots, then sprinkle salt and cumin. Toss to distribute spice.
- Roast the carrots for 18-22 minutes, until just barely fork tender and slightly browned at the narrow tip.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and sprinkle orange zest over them. Plate the vegetables and serve.