Without a doubt, Dou Miao is my favorite vegetable. The pea shoots are easy to cook, tender and crunchy all at once, sweet and savory. I can eat more Dou Miao in one sitting than any other vegetable. I guess I should tell my parents they raised me well.
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, sliced thinly
- 3 cubes Fermented Tofu (they're small but mighty)
- 2 pounds Dou Miao, washed
- 3 tablespoons Shaoxing Rice Wine
- Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir fry until golden.
- Add fermented tofu, mash into paste.
- Add Dou Miao, stir fry until reduced by at least half (about 7 minutes)
- Pour in rice wine, deglaze pan, toss veggies and serve.