A briny whip to start the evening, this mousse is wonderful with a glass of something cold and crisp (be that white wine, or beer). It's deceptively hearty and creamy with the addition of walnuts, great for spreading on toasts or crackers. Make a double batch and keep half in the freezer, you'll be all set for your next party with no planning necessary.
- 4 cans Sardines packed in Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 3 cups Toasted Walnuts
- 1 cup Torn Parsley Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste (beware, the sardines are already salted)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor (including the olive oil remaining in the sardine tins).
- Buzz and whir the mixture until it is your desired consistency. The mousse can be smooth or chunky, it's delicious either way.