Taking cue from the effortless Hasselback Potato, I decided to fill a casserole dish with sliced red skinned potatoes and scatter their in-betweens with a confetti of leek. With a generous pour of olive oil on top the dish crisps up in your oven and transfers to the table perfectly for an easy side dish.
- 5 medium Red Skinned of Yukon Potatoes, sliced very thinly
- 1 large leek (~1 pound), sliced into slim ribbons
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Generous sprinkling Salt and Pepper
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a 9x13 casserole dish with the sliced potatoes, standing in line from front to back (not stacked on top of each other).
- Scatter the ribboned leek everywhere and push it down in between the potatoes.
- Pour olive oil on top of everything, then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Bake the dish for 45-60 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Heat your oven to 500 degrees, or turn on your broiler. Slide the dish under the high heat for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are crisp on top.
- Remove and serve.