Corn bread is the quickest of quick breads. No fussy whisking, no tempering eggs. Just throw the ingredients together in a bowl and stir. And what happens when you remove it from the oven? You remember that the nip in the air isn’t so bad as long as you have comforting food like this. Don't forget to brew a pot of chili to eat alongside your cornbread!
- 3-4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Medium Grind Cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/4 cup Sorghum Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 cup Rice Milk (or your fave alterna-milk)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the olive oil in the bottom of an 8×8 baking pan/dish.
- Slide the oil filled pan into your oven to preheat while you mix the batter.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients to make one flour blend.
- Add the eggs, rice milk and coconut milk to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Stir the batter until it comes together and is slightly thickened.
- Pull the baking pan out of the oven WEARING AN OVEN MITT. Seriously friends, this is where you will burn yourself if you stop thinking. So think.
- Pour the batter into the hot pan and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Using an oven mitt, slide the pan back into the hot oven.
- Bake the bread for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are crisp and begin to pull away from the side of the pan.
- Eat it.