Black garlic used to be difficult to find, but now (thanks to its astounding health properties) it's being sold all over town- even at Trader Joe's! Grab some greens and sauté a panful tonight with the pungent, sweet, dense flavors of black garlic permeating the dish. And stay tuned for a video tutorial on making black garlic at home!.
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 cloves Black Garlic
- 1 small bunch Chinese Mustard Greens (Gai Choy) chopped, about 2 cups
- Splash Brown Rice Vinegar
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet or wok until shimmering.
- Smash the black garlic cloves with the broad side of a knife and toss them into the oil. Sauté the cloves for a few minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chopped greens to the pan and stir fry until just cooked through (5-7 minutes).
- Season with salt to taste, then splash brown rice vinegar into the pan. Toss to combine.
- Remove from the pan and enjoy!