We all have one. Sometimes it's the ringmaster of that traveling circus with ice-blue eyes, sometimes it's the lifeguard sitting perched atop a lookout, clad only in red. Wherever you may be in life, it is never too late for a summer crush. While I'm pining for that man in the top hat I will make do with this blush colored cocktail. A mix of tequila and my strawberry shrub, this couldn't be easier to assemble. Wow your guests with a non-margarita tequila drink and fall in love with this sweet sip.
Ingredients (Per Person)
- 2 ounces Reposado Tequila
- 1/2 ounce Curacao (the good stuff, not that tacky blue liqueur)
- 1 ounce Strawberry Shrub
- 5 grinds Black Pepper
- Ice Cubes
- In a shaker combine all ingredients.
- Shake for 20-30 seconds, until the ice cubes have shattered a bit and suspended their crushed crystals in the liquor.
- Strain into a lowball glass, perhaps with one more ice cube floating.