Whether or not you had an inadvertent overnight guest, take a few minutes and flap some jacks this morning. Pancakes aren't complicated, and if you make them a semi-regular part of your morning routine (say, perhaps, a weekend tradition) you'll find you know the formula by heart in no time. I threw some bananas into the mix, but if you don't have any on hand, skip 'em. Pancakes ahoy!
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk (alternatives will work)
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Safflower Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Corn Grits
- 1/2 cup Millet Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Mash bananas in bowl, whisk in egg, milk, sugar, oil, and salt.
- Stir in grits, millet flour, and baking powder.
- Heat griddle over medium-high flame and ladle batter onto surface.
- Cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles appear around edges, then flip.
- Cook for another 2 minutes, then remove to plate and enjoy.